Sunday, January 31, 2010

Why do I do this?


This was my fourth running and by far my worst run. This was the first time that Heath didn't come up with me so I rode up with Marty and Fran early on race day. Its nice to have a driver for the ride home. It was about 75 degrees and so many people had a rough day on the mountain. Runners were passing out on the trail, some even collapsed just close to finishing. Just crazy.
I got my first huge blister on the side of my heel. I had to wear my sandals for about a week for that to heal. I remember the feeling after I finished and I was walking back up the side of the road feeling completly beat and thinking I should'nt do this again. Then total strangers will just say congratulations and way to go, then I remember that I just did that crazy mountain and I feel very accomplished and proud of myself:) So heres to another year.

0 comments: